Sunday, February 7, 2010

FHE- Secret Service and the Love Pillow

I am excited about tomorrow evenings Family Home Evening Lesson...so excited I wanted to share it with you.
The idea came about after seeing this "Love Pillow" tradition and tutorial on one of my favorite blogs called "The Idea Room".
So this past Friday during our Relief Society sewing class I made this project.  
I am learning to sew so there are many mistakes but my kids thought it was cute and that was what matter most to me so I am happy with it.  

Tomorrow for our lesson we will be reading this story from the February Friend magazine.   I love how this story/article illustrates that children can help and often enjoy helping others.  I also love how it includes the primary scripure for the month. 
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16)

After sharing the story I will introduce the Love Pillow and explain to them that when they find this pillow laying on their bed it means that someone has performed a secret act of service for them and now it is their turn to serve somone else in the family and then leave the pillow on their bed.
We will talk about different types of service and use this activity from the February Friend magazine.  
To top it off we will serve the children a little valentine treat.
I LOVE Monday nights!

1 comment:

Heather said...

AWESOME idea!!! I have been trying to come up with a way to start teaching my children about helping others too and this is great! Thanks so much for sharing!