Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Night Before He Turned One.


On August 9th I crept into Spencer's room hoping to not disturb his peaceful slumber.   I snapped a photo of my sweet baby sleeping....his last night as an 11 month old.   My little caboose would soon pass the threshold of infant-hood.   I wanted to somehow mark the day so I decided a picture would have to do.   Spencer is my little caboose (as my Dad always called me....I am youngest of 6 kids) and I want to hang on to every moment of his sweet baby-ness.   Spencer is a huge blessing to me and my family.  After saying goodbye to Ashanti I wondered if I could love another baby.    Spencer has helped heal our hearts and fill our lives with joy...each one of us seem to cherish him just a little more and find a little more joy in watching him grow than we probably would have if we hadn't had some hard goodbyes.    The pain from loss has sharpened our sensibilities and has made our hearts have a greater capacity to love.
I am continually amazed and grateful for the gifts God gives to us.
Spencer was worth the journey...every step!

1 comment:

Christine said...

He sleeps just like my Sophie! Glad we don't have our caboose yet. :) I don't think I'd be ready to say goodbye to all the baby phases!!