Monday, February 8, 2010

Matching Mondays

 
Did you know that the Utah Adoption Exchange has pass along cards for waiting children?
Would you like a few to share with others?
Email me and I will send some to you.
cutefamilyof5 at gmail dot com

I have featured this child before not long ago but as I sat in my first advisory board meeting I was presented with a little brochure about Micheala and was told she is very interested in becoming part of a family and has assisted her worker in providing information for recruitment.
This touched my heart and I decided to feature her again.


Utah
Micheala age 15.
This intelligent young woman with the sweet personality loves to read and can often be caught with a book in her hands. Micheala is an outgoing and likeable teen who makes friends easily. She has great relationships with her peers. Besides her love of books, Micheala also enjoys dancing and acting. Her dreams include someday becoming a successful actress and being adopted by a loving family.

A sophomore this year, Micheala is on grade level. She will soon be benefiting from an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) and will do well with parents who will support her academically.

If you would like to help Micheala’s wishes come true and can provide her with the love, support, and consistency she needs we urge you to inquire. Financial assistance may be available for adoption-related costs.

This is a LEGAL RISK ADOPTIVE PLACEMENT. In a legal risk adoptive placement, it is expected that the family will eventually adopt the child, even though the birth parents’ rights have not been fully terminated at the time of placement.

For Utah children, only homestudied families from all states are encouraged to inquire.

*Sorry I have only one child to feature today.   I have a bunch of  responsibilities today....feeling a little frazzled.  :)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Brenda,
I often see these older kids available. My question is, I have two little kids (3 and 1). I'm not sure we're ready to take on a teenager, but if we felt inspired to do so, would a caseworker even consider us as an adoptive family of a teenager? I wouldn't want to get my hopes up about something only to be told no (understandably, might I add) because we don't have the parenting experience for a teenager yet.
Your thoughts?
Thanks!
Christine

SmallAdventures said...

Christine,
Great question. I truly just depends upon the childs needs. There are some teens that would do better in a home with smaller children and some teens need to come into the family being the youngest. Every case is different. If you are interested in a certain teen go ahead and fill out an inquiry...you just might be that right type of family and parents for them. I don't think experience is as much of an concern as a willingness to love and be there for them.