Monday, May 18, 2009

Something good

I am writing this at 1:31 pm but not posting it until later tonight....I want to keep Matching Monday kids the first thing you see today. But I also need to write.

I just got back from court. It is official "little Edward" is on his way to the rest of his life with his parents. He will no longer have to go from one crib to another crib. He gets to be in one place and parented by the same two people from now on. I am so excited for him and for his parents! They have worked hard....they have changed their entire lives because they love him.

Before we went into the court room little Edward's parents presented me with 4 big pictures of little Edward for us (the Dad works for a printing buisness). They are pictures that we had taken of him while he was with us. I am so touched by this act of love...it was their way of saying "Thank You". I can't express what this gift means to me and my family!

While it is tender to know I won't be "mothering" little Edward anymore I am left with this overwhelming sense that we have done something good.

To those of you who read this blog and leave me sweet comments....Thank YOU for being a support to me as I ride in this roller coaster on my journey to a fourth child. You have been such a blessing to me and I appreciate your thoughts!

The funny thing is I am enjoying the roller coaster as much as I am looking forward to the destination.

So bring on the next ride.....we are ready to roll!!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

It's so nice when birthparents are appreciative of foster parents. It makes it a "win-win" situation for everyone- ESPECIALLY the CHILD!