Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Corny Caviar Recipe

Corny Caviar Recipe
I got this recipe from my good friend Holly.   I think it goes by lots of different name like Cowboy Caviar or Cornbread dip but I decided to name it Corny Caviar.  The ingredients sound strange together but they are YUMMY!!!!!
1 can black beans rinsed
1 can corn rinsed
1 green pepper diced
1/2 cup green onions diced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (sharp)
Mix together

In a separate bowl Mix the following then add to the above ingredients.
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg dry Ranch Dressing Mix
 Put in a sealed container until ready to serve.

Before serving add the following:
2 small tomatoes
2 small avacados
9x13 pan of cornbread cumbled up.
Mix Everything together and serve with tortilla chips.  
YUMM-O!!!!


I like the sweeter type of cornbread so for the caviar recipe I use this cornbread recipe (or at least something really close). My sweet sister-in-law shared this with me....it is my favorite cornbread. 
Marie Calendar Cornbread CopyCat
2 1/4 cup corn muffin mix
1/2 pkg white or yellow cake mix
4-5 large eggs (I think I use more like 3)
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
Mix ingredients with large spoon only until powderd ingredients are wet.  Do not beat with a mixer or over stir.  It is ok to be a little lumpy.  Pour in greased 9x13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 min or until golden brown.

No comments: