Monday, April 19, 2010

Matching Mondays


I have amazing women in my ward!!!  My friend Leslie ran a marathon yesterday and was walking around today like it was nothing.   She is an inspiration to me to keep plugging away on my tread mill!!!  I have had a bit of a set back with my knee but I am determined to not let it stop me.  I will be buying some new shoes however....mine are about 5 years old and just not cutting it...YIKES my feet hurt!
I hope you will join me as I run/walk my first 5k.
"Running for those Who Wait"
May 29, 2010
7:15AM - 10:15AM
Murray City Park, Murray Utah




Utah
Keola & August ages 11 & 10
Keola:
Football is a favorite of this kiddo. Keola hopes that someday he will be able to participate on an organized team and sharpen his skills as a player. Reading, bike riding, skateboarding and swimming are also special interests of his. No matter what activity he participates in, it’s easy to observe this guy’s kind and considerate nature. Keola tries hard to get along with others and has a natural ability to verbally express himself.

Keola is attending the fifth grade this year. He is a bright boy who has great potential to do well in school and is on grade level in almost all subjects.
August:
Open, outgoing, easy to be around, and fun are just some of the wonderful personality traits that this great kid has to offer. August is an optimist. He always tries to look on the bright side of every situation. A “gamer”, this smart guy will challenge any competitor’s skills whether it’s video games, Pokemon or imaginary games. Playing outside with friends is an additional favorite pasttime of his. August wants to be a veterinarian or a scientist when he grows up.

A fourth grader this year, August seems to be doing very well in school. He is normally an A student, enjoys learning, and has a innate drive to do well academically.

These very fun, bonded brothers must remain together. August and Keola are in need of a loving, stable, and supportive family. They are both attending counseling, which will need to continue after placement. Both boys have good relationships with their peers and adults. If your family is interested in this dynamic duo, we urge you to inquire. Financial assistance may be available for adoption-related costs. For Utah children, only homestudied families from all states are encouraged to inquire.

No comments: