Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Gift of Children

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP7K7PUU_24
I have pondered over it many times in the past 15 years.   Especially when it came time to fill out adoption paperwork...the dreaded "preference list" was always the hardest to fill out.  I wanted to make sure I was filling it out the right way....worried I would somehow exclude my child who was to come.   I cried over the list...I prayed over the list and in the end I felt direction and finally peace.
After Camden was placed with us I realized that the Lord would always find a way to bring my children to  my arms.  There were things listed on the preference list that I marked "no" .  Camden has some of those things in his Birth Family....things that use to scare me.   In the end the Lord has a plan and a gift to give us.  As we strive to learn His will and do all we can the Lord steps in and creates His miracle.   I see this as like the wrappings on his gift.  He wraps his gifts in wondrous ways...in ways only He can.   I think of how much joy I receive when giving a special homemade gift to a loved one.....I image the Lords joy and love for us is a million times greater that the little joys I have felt.  He loves each of His children and wants to give us the special gifts He has planned for us.
It is amazing when these gifts come in such tiny packages and then grow to become seekers of that same tiny gift.
I am forever grateful for the gift of children!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Amen! It's amazing how perfect our children are for us:) Hand-picked for us to nurture and love!