Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Trial then the Blessing.

I was sitting at my kitchen table preparing my Primary Lesson for Sunday when the tears started to fall.  Reading the lesson brought memories of the trials Brad and I went through to bring children to our family.   The same thing that hurt so deeply in my life is now something I count as a great blessing.  Just like heat and pressure that carbon must undergo to become a diamond we each go through trials...each trial that is endured in faith helps mold us into the person the Lord knows and helps us become.   I know I have much more molding to be done but I can see in my own life the past 16 years a mighty change in myself and I am incredibly grateful!  I have received so much more in my life because I am infertile than I ever would have by being fertile.  My barrenness has created life in a way I would have never thought possible.   The Lord has blessed me beyond my capacity to understand. 
Oh how grateful I am that He didn't give me what I asked...He gave me so much more!
As I was preparing the lesson I decided to look through the Mormon Messages on lds.org and see if any fit this lesson.   Once again tears came as I watched this message.

I know this message is true!

"Put your trust in the Lord, do your best and leave the rest to Him."
Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

No comments: