Friday, March 18, 2011

Weakness

If you have followed my blog the past year you would know that I have struggled with some health issues.   Weird symptoms plagued me for a while including hot sensations, insomnia and weakness.   It came down to the fact that my body was tired from years and years of stress.   I had no idea stress could make my body feel that way...I knew stress could make me feel down emotionally and make me worry but I had no clue the impact stress can have on the physical body.   I feel like I have been in the process of re-building my strength.   After finally getting back on my feet from all the strange stuff I was left with a weak body....at least weaker than I was.   I also developed a back problem (pinched nerve) and a knee that didn't want me to do anything of the things I enjoyed for exercise.   I also packed on 40 pounds.   So to rebuild my strength is pretty hard when you have lots of extra pounds and joins in pain.   Slowly as I have gone to physical therapy and tried to take better care of myself I feel my strength coming back.   It has been 2 weeks since I woke up and decided to finally get busy and take charge of my weight.   The very next day I went to church fasting and praying for strength to help me lose the weight my body so desperately needs to shed.  I have felt the Lord's help all along the way.  The feeling is so strong there is no way I can deny where the help is coming from. I am so thankful!!!!
I have been reading in the book of Ether found in The Book of Mormon.  In Ether chapter 12 verse 27 it says "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;  for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
I read and re-read this verse a few times.   I have hear it and read it before many times but this time it spoke to me in a different way.   I already knew the Lord was blessing me with help but this scripture gave me a great reminder to think of when I am having a hard day.   Yesterday and Today have been harder days.  I have felt down and tired and feeling like I stink at everything I do.   Then I think of this verse and my heart is lifted and I remember I am not climbing this mountain alone.
This brings peace and hope to my heart!

1 comment:

MusicLover06 said...

Brenda, this post was just what I was needing, it is so good to hear that someone is feeling the same way that I feel. Thanks so much for your blog!