Friday, September 28, 2012

Easy Meal for a Busy Night

I am sure you can relate when I say weeknights are crazy!   Monday isn't as bad and Friday I get to finally breath but the squish days...the days in between the other two are all about running kids to soccer practice, dance classes, library and a bunch of other errands.   Some nights I really need a dinner plan that is easy, quick and something the kids will eat. 
Today I want to share with you one of my new favorite quick and easy meals that your kids will love.
This recipe was written for small roll size sandwiches that are great to use for a gathering but I have found I can use buns, bread or bigger rolls and it makes a great sandwich.

Ham and Cheese Melt w/ Butter Onion Glaze
Recipe adapted from yummly.com "Mini Ham and Cheese Rolls"
The Sandwich
Deli Ham
Swiss Cheese
Buns/Bread/rolls (whatever you want to use)
Place Ham on bottom portion of bun and then the cheese and then the other bun half.
Place all of the sandwiches on a jelly roll pan.
The Glaze
*Amounts depend upon how many sandwiches you are making.  I use the smaller amount to make 6-8 sandwiches.
1/4 to 1/2 cup Melted Butter/Margarine (
1-2 TBLS Minced Onion
1/2 - 1 TBLS Prepared Mustard
1-2 TBLS Poppy Seeds (this just makes them look pretty...it is optional)
Mix together in a small bowl and then brush onto the top of your sandwiches.
Put in 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Serve with fruit and a veggie (or whatever your heart desires).  My kids like red grapes and corn on the cob.

The great thing aobut this recipe is you could really use whatever meat and cheese you love.
To change it up a bit you can also include a touch of worcestershire sauce and/or a 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Hope it helps you get through a busy night!
*Thanks Tina for the lead on the recipe!  It is a good one!

No comments: