Friday, March 15, 2013

-40 by my 40th ~ Guest Blogger Becky Jones

Today I want to introduce you to my amazing friend, Becky!   She has an inspiring story.  You can read about her journey to health at her blog
Balancing the Scale.
  
 
I asked her if should would be a guest blogger once a month for our -40 by my 40th adventure.
She graciously agreed.
I am happy to report I am down 5 pounds....35 more to go for my goal.   How did you do this past week?
~
The lady that lost over 200 pounds. The one that runs half marathons.
The one that eats healthy and exercises religiously 5 days a week. She is toned, she looks healthy and fit. That was me…..until I let the things of life derail me.
Gladly I am not too far gone that 3 months of intense attention to proper eating and exercise will fix things. I cringe every day I go to put on clothes. 15-20 extra pounds really makes for a huge muffin top in your favorite jeans that fit just right at Christmas.
The question is, am I ready to change? AGAIN? Am I willing to let go of the unhealthy foods and the lazy body that doesn’t want to move? I am slowly working on this change. The food is still winning most hours of the day after 4pm. I have my started using my elliptical and treadmill again and it feels great to sweat. Little changes every day will help me to eventually reach my goal to be healthy.
I have decided that as much as the number on the scale reflects advancing toward my goal it is more important how I feel about my body. Right now I don’t like how I feel or look. I want to feel true to myself. I know what healthy feels like. To go out and breeze through 4 mile runs without effort, to eat right and not want the sweets, to slide easily into those favorite jeans and feel fantastic. I WANT THAT AGAIN! I REALLY DO! The question is…. Am I really ready to change my way of thinking and DO what is required? YES, I think so. Not too convincing is it? I still love food I have a food addiction. I am overeating terribly. I need to rely on my Savior and Heavenly Father more to remove this from me.
I know I can conquer this trail as I have in the past but it is hard. It requires a strength beyond that which I possess. I need heavenly help to achieve my goals. I must become humble and seek that help. I know that is the only way I will reach my goals.
I can do this hard thing.
I can BECOME who I want to be.
I can REACH HIGHER and DO BETTER.
I can be ME!

No comments: