Monday, April 8, 2013

Matching Mondays ~ Adoptuskids

In my house the movie
is in the top 10 favorites.  Sometimes we find ourselves quoting from the hilarious Portokalos family.
When the sweet and funny Nia Vardalos announced back in 2009 she was adopting it just made me love her all the more!
Read this cute interview  I found on Moms and Babies - Celebrity Baby blog. 
Nia has released a book titled
Reading the excerpt here made me even more excited to get a copy and devourer it.
There is nothing like a love story!

Nia and her husband Ian found their child through adoptuskids.org.
It is a site I have visited more times than I can count while searching for our forth child.
We even inquired about some.    After searching for a couple of years and fostering some incredible babies and children Spencer came into our lives.   I never expected to get a call like we did with Spencer.   After four adoptions and countless adoption experiences I have seen miracles.   If you are looking for your own miracle remember to try new things, talk to new people and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.  I know for our family some of our greatest blessings were found in an "uncomfortable zone".
 I am forever thankful we took a chance and followed our hearts rather than our fears!

Today I hope you will take a moment to visit the
adoptuskids website
and look around.  
Don't be afraid to inquire about a child you would like to learn more about.  
Don't let fear get in the way of your miracle!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Would you let your readers know we are looking for those who would be willing to join us in Fasting/Praying this Sunday. We would really appreciate it. They can read more about our story on our event page and see the video of us meeting the little girl we were trying to adopt. We will fast/pray for the meeting that will be discussing the adoption ban between the US and Russian Governments. I would love for at least 2,000 people to be fasting/praying or praying for these children on that day. We need a miracle. https://www.facebook.com/events/497945113605438/?context=create