Sunday, February 24, 2008

Perfectly Ordinary




Tonight as I was unloading the dishwasher I took a moment to step outside of my family to look at my family....like someone would if they were looking inside the window. What I saw brought a smile to my face. I saw Brad being read to by Brenley and Brenley enjoying every moment, Camden busy running around playing with toys being happy and Haley in the kitchen with me helping me unload the dishwasher. Our dog was lying next to the warm fireplace (his favorite spot). There was no sound of a television, no music.....just the sound of a family. I realized in that moment how blessed we are and how much I wish for more moments like this one.

Today we had Stake Conference so our regular meetings weren't held which was good timing since all of us are sick. So we spent the day talking, game playing and some tv watching. We also went for a drive to get out of the house and found some neat historical spots in a little town not far from where we live. It has been a pleasant day and we have enjoyed some uninterrupted family time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda! I like your blog! I will check back often now that I know you are 'here'!