Friday, October 17, 2008

What a Week

I should have realized I was in for a crazy week when Haley was already sick before Brad even left for Orlando. Here are the basics of my not so easy week.

Sunday - Brad takes of for his Florida conference. I stay home from church because Haley was sick. By evening she is covered in a rash. I guess scarlet fever.
Monday - I take Haley to see her doctor. DX: Scarlet Fever. Sent home with meds. By the time we get home I am in pain and wondering what is up. Monday evening...I have swelling and a lump.
Tuesday - I go to the doctor and find out I have an infection. Start on meds and have to go home and try to bring infection to the surface with hot packs. Swelling gets worse.
Wednesday - more hot packs. finally infection comes to the surface and starts to drain. The best news of the week....Haley starts to feel alot better.
Thursday- more hot packs. I wake up with a sore throat.
Friday - Surgery to drain the infection. Surgery was NOT fun....I could feel it way more than I ever wanted. More sore throat. Brad comes home and I am so glad about it!

So after an exhausting week I am hoping for a calm weekend.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can't even imagine going through all of this while Brad is gone! I know how hard it is to have your husband be gone it's SO stressful and then to have all of your added trials this week. My heart goes out to you. I'm happy to hear that Haley is doing better.