Thursday, July 9, 2009

I am waiting....

I was introduced to a new (well new to me) site called FosterClub.
They sell these shirts.
The button and ribbon hide the word "I".
"I am waiting....for a family that loves me"
Another waiting child's shirt read..."I am waiting...to finally be a big sister".
I got a big lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as I realized in a deeper way these children feel like I use to feel when we were trying to adopt an infant.
They want a family.
And yet they cannot go to another agency or save a little more money to get more advertising for themselves. They have to rely upon hearts being softened and minds shifting to a different place...past babies.....past "picture perfect". These children who are waiting, have to wait for parents who have hearts that have grown to understand that love comes in all shapes, sizes, colors and conditions. Parents who can embrace their past and help them see their future.
Are you one of these kinds of parents?
Am I?
Seeing this picture left alot for me to ponder and it touched me deeply.

No comments: