Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nine Months ago today....


I said goodbye to Ashanti.
I thought I would die from the pain inside.

Today I witnessed an incredible act of love as I watched a young woman go before a judge and relinquish (again) on paper and verbally in front of a courtroom of people. She stayed strong and did it with love! She kept saying how she wants her baby to have more than she had growing up.
It was a very humbling experience!
I will never forget it.

I never would have thought that nine months after saying goodbye to a child I love so much that I would be given another child to keep and raise and love forever!
I am so amazed by the love and mercy of the Lord!
I am so thankful for this journey!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Miracles do happen! Thankfully. Prayers for your family and for the new birthmother in your family, she is lucky to have you!

evil social worker said...

Oh Brenda, I'm so happy for you guys! Words and exclamations points are not enough. Can't wait to see pics, and eventually the whole story.

probably too soon to ask, but wondering if this is the end of your fostering journey.

Paula, With all my heart said...

Brenda, I am so happy for you and your family. In everything God does have a perfect plan we just have to trust and wait on our miracles and you have truly be blessed with the birth of this precious baby.

Sam and Lacey said...

Brenda-

I have been following your blog for a long time now. I have just been a silent reader. ha ha! I actually started reading it right when we started our adoption process. I was so happy to find out your news today. My little girl was 8 weeks premature as well. She was in the the hospitl for 1 month so she could gain some weight. Hang in there. It is tough. Call on help. Take pictures! Ali loves seing how small she was. Congratulations! I will pray for your birthmom. What a courageous women.