Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cookin' up something good.


I have a cookbook fetish!
I love a cookbook with recipes that have normal everyday ingredients and then if they have great pictures it is a huge bonus.
My favorite cookbooks are the Lion House books.

I own only the first three...there are many more available.
The latest is Lion House Bakery...YUMM-O!!!
It is going on my gift wish list.

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite dinner recipes.
It comes from the 1st Lion House cookbook called
"Lion House Recipes"
page 28

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

1 to 11/2 pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup rolled oats
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
Few grains of pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Combine all ingredients; mix well. Form into about 12 balls, each about 2 inches in diameter. Place in casserole dish. Cover with sauce (below). Bake at 350 for about 30 mins. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Combine ingredients and blend thoroughly. Heat and pour over meatballs.
I double the sauce recipe and cook up rice to go with the meatballs.
For a spicer meatball use a hot-n-spicey type of bbq sauce. We love the Baby Rays brand.
My kids enjoy the honey bbq sauce.

Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Brenda, You are truly inspired- I've been looking for some new recipes to try out!