Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Countdown - tv specials/movies


6 days left
 TV Specials & Movies
We are BIG movie watchers at our house....so for us the holidays aren't complete without watching the traditional favorite movies or tv specials.
Some of the family favorites are:
  • The Santa Clause Movies (especially #1)
  • Rudolph
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • Twas the Night Before Christmas
  • Miracle on 34th Streeet (new and old)
  • Home Alone
  • Christmas Vacation (mine and Brad's personal favorite)
  • A Christmas Story (no we don't let the kids watch this one)

Brenley enjoying the 3D glasses and the yummy treats. Theater popcorn is the best!


This year we have added a couple new favorites:
  • We started the holiday season by going to the IMAX theater and seeing Disney's "A Christmas Carol".   WE LOVED it!!!!!!   It was fantastic...especially in 3-D.   In a few parts of the movie it is snowing...Camden says out loud "It's snowing in here".  The effects were so good that it truly looked like it was snowing on us.   Watching this movie really got me into the Christmas spirit!  

  • Disney released a tv show called "Prep & Landing"  we all gathered around to watch.   Brad and I enjoyed it just as much as the kids....it was alot of fun!!!!   


Another personal favorite is "Mixed Nuts". 
The first time I saw this I wasn't married and I was visiting my sister in Seatlle.   My nephew Joshua and I sat and watched this show...it was sooo dumb that it made us laugh our guts out!!!!   By the time we were done watching we were in tears we had been laughing so hard.   It will never be as funny as the first time but each year I enjoy watching it and remembering that fun time with Josh.   I keep telling Brad if I ever find that movie on sell for  a dollar each I might just buy one for all our neighbors and friends and give them a bag of mix nuts to go with it.    I am sure my friends would think I WAS nuts for liking the movie so much!!!!   If you haven't seen it....rent it, add some snacks and wait until you are really tired....hopfully you will enjoy it as much I do!!!


Happy Watching!

No comments: