Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Favorite with Benefits.



Growing up my Mom made these cookies often and I loved them!
So it is so fun to see some of my kids enjoy these same cookies! 
Haley and Camden sing praises to me when they see the tinfoil come out ready for the cookies to
be dropped.   I don't know what it is about making something you know will make your child happy but it drives me to put my bakers hat on.   Not that this is a difficult recipe...thats one of the wonderful things about it...it is sooo simple!  The other great benefit is almost unmentionable...lets just say when my little guys "plumbing" gets a little slow I encourage a few extra cookies.  :)

I am sure everyone has this recipe or their own version of it but here is my favorite
(notice there isn't any peanut butter...I like the simple taste of chocolate and oatmeal).

My Favorite No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups sugar (I use 1 & 1/2)
1/3 cup cocoa

1/2 cup canned milk
1 square margarine (I find this keeps cookies gooey which I like)
put the above in a saucepan on medium heat.  Boil for 3 mins (no more..can even do less if you want)
Pour over 3 cups of quick oatmeal
spoon out on tinfoil
Enjoy lowering your cholesterol with these gooey goodies!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Such a cute picture!
Sounds yummy... it's been so long since I've made those!