The end of April I spent two wonderful days on the BYU campus enjoying classes just for women. I arrived a little late the first day and had to stand in line to pay so I missed much of the opening session of the conference. Julie B. Beck was the opening speaker. I LOVE Sister Beck! I feel as thought she speaks to me and when she speaks my heart seems to listen intently.
During the conference we were encouraged to share what we learned with other women who were not able to make it to the conference. So over the next few weeks I will share my notes with you. I don't claim to be a Master Note Taker so bear with me ok!
Speaker: Julie B. Beck
I caught the last part of her talk but was still able to write a page of notes. Here is a summary of things she shared and encouraged us to do.
- Recommended that Sisters get a new copy of The Book of Mormon and in the front cover write the following questions.
- Who am I?
- What are my responsibilities in the House of Isreal?
- How do I fufill my responsibilities?
- Write the answers in the back cover of the book and we will discover who we are.
- Pray with a blank notebook and pen. Write thoughts we recieve during and after the prayer.
- Be the power of Rebecca.
- Safeguard our homes. Be the Lioness at the gate!
- Powerful Faith...Stronger Families and Home.
- Personal Revelation everyday to prioritize our day.
- Get out of Debt. Debt weights heavy. We need the strength to face challenges of our day.
I wish the transcript to this talk was available...it will be but isn't yet. Here is a little article about her talk. I wish I could share with you the feeling of power when she spoke. I remember her words everyday....her talk has helped me see some things that I need to do in my own life. It has helped me make some decisions regarding my time and how I spend it. I still fight everyday to make more time for the people who are the most important. So many things demand our time. I am thankful for the reminders that come to my mind...words from her talk. I will add the transcript link as soon as it is available.