Sunday, January 23, 2011

Adoption According to Brenda - Failed Placements

This past week I have had the privileged of writing for someone else's blog.   I was ask by Brittany Mangus to write about our experiences in failed placements.  She is doing a series of posts by guest bloggers talking about "Phantoms" in adoption.  Take time to visit her blog.   It is not only a beautiful blog but very informative!  I was brought to tears reading the recent post from a Birth Mother named Stephanie Despain.  Very touching!
While working on my post I remembered a presentation I gave back in 2009.  I thought this would be the perfect item for my post today.  








2 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Your post is amaaaazing. I can't wait for people to read it!!

(You are post #4, by the way and #2 goes up tomorrow.) :)

And yes, Stefanie IS wonderful!!

Alicia Jane said...

I really wish I would have seen these videos while we were going through our failed placement (I was Brittany's other guest blogger on the subject). I didn't know anybody who had gone through it and so I wasn't sure if I was even "allowed" to be in so much pain from suffering that loss when it technically was not our baby. I've gotten better, but there are days that are bad...this post has definitely helped me, and I can't wait to read your guest post on Brittany's blog!