Monday, October 31, 2011

When October Goes...

When I was growing up my older sisters were loved listening to Barry Manilow music.   The music must have rubbed off on me because as I grew I began to listen to him too even though he wasn't really the type of music for my age group.   I still enjoyed the music of my day but when I was home in my room and just wanted to relax I would turn on a little Barry and chill.   There are a few songs that really spoke to me and this was one of them.   I am not exactly sure why but it quickly became a favorite.  

October is one of my favorite months.  My Mom was born in October, my first nephew (and later another nephew and a niece) was born in October.   Brad and I were married in October and Haley was born in October.   October is full of beautiful colors, fuzzy sweaters, crisp mornings, yummy homemade goodies and warm soups.    It is a little sad to say goodbye to this fantastic month each year.   I have made it a point to listen to this song at the end of each October.   I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

3 comments:

Becky Jones said...

I've never heard that song before. Thanks for sharing. I too enjoy October. It is one of my favorite months of the year.

The Loves said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Do you still do "Matching Mondays"?

SmallAdventures said...

Matching MOndays is on a hiatus. My hubby got a call to be 1st counselor in the bishopric in June and I have been trying to adjust the new demands and responsibilities that fall on me due to his service. We are so thankful for the his opportunity to serve but it has been harder than I thought to organize my life. lol I think I will be starting up again this month. It has been a long while. I also needed a break from seeing all of the children who need homes. I started to feel very frustrated upon seeing children sit and sit and never get adopted even though I knew many couples had inquired on certain situation. I know there is much that goes into deciding where a child goes but it was making my heart sick so it was good to take a break.