Monday, February 13, 2012

Matching Mondays is back!



Wow...it has been a while!   Thanks for being patient.   I have been wanting to bring Matching Mondays out of hiatus for a while I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to keep up (still kind of worried).  Life has gone into over drive but it is all good.   I thought  I would be less busy as my children grew but I am finding they need me even more just in different ways.  But I see this as a good thing....I waited a long time to be needed!   I am so thankful to be Mommy to these incredible people!!

A few days ago I was contacted by an Adoptive Mom named Debra Cronnelly.  She wondered if I would be willing to help spread the word about a handsome little boy named Alex. 

You can view more information about Alex here.

Here is what Debra had to say:
"My name is Debra Cronnelly and my family is big, beautiful and created
through special needs adoptions.  We have been so blessed to have a
wonderful relationship with an adoption agency in new York that has a
special needs adoption program ( we have 5 special needs children from
them). The agency is spence-chapin adoption services in new York.
They have been diligently trying to find an adoptive family for an
adorable Chinese heritage 5 yr old who has cerebral palsy.  His name is
Alex and his smile lights up any room he is in.  He has lived in a
children's rehabilitation hospital in new york since he was born.  His
birth parents have been involved with him the whole time, but are
unable to care for him at home and come to the loving decision to place
him for adoption.
Spence- chapin has been trying to find him a family for several months
now, but there have been only a few inquiries, with no matches yet.
I told them I would try anything I could think of to try and help find
Alex a family.
I would be love to be a contact for anyone wanting to know more about
Alex or spence-chapin.
Alex is eligible for an adoption subsidy and Medicaid, regardless of
parental income, in any state through his eighteenth birthday.  The
adoption subsidy from new York is very generous and would really go a
long way to helping a family provide for Alex.  Spence-chapin's
adoption fees for special needs are $1,000-3,000 on a sliding scale,
but they can waive this based on family need.
They are looking for a strong family that has resources near by and
parents no older than 45 years old, family size is not an issue, as
long as they have a strong plan for Alex's care.
I know this is a lot from someone you have never met but Alex has
captured my heart and I want to do everything I can to find him a
family.  If you can help with your blog or connections it would be such
a blessing.
Anyone interested can contact me anytime, I will help in anyway I can."
My contact information is
Debra Cronnelly
1351 summit chase drive
Snellville, ga 30078
Truelymd at aol dot com
404  376  8086
Debra also shared with me that Alex's Birth Family has no religious preference.

This little boy needs a special Mom and Dad who will love him with all of their heart and who will do all they can to help him thrive!!!  
I hope YOU are the one for him!!!!



No comments: