Friday, February 17, 2012

Ahhh My Sweet Downton Abbey



Are you a Downton addict like me?
I can't seem to get enough.  I watch and re watch the first season on Netflix (bless you Netflix!!!) and I re watch the current season online.   I haven't been this addicted to a show since Andrew Davies's version of Pride and Prejudice (yes the Colin Firth one).   Another addiction was "North and South" with the handsome Richard Armitage as "John Thorton" (don't you think Daniel Radcliff would make a good Mr. Thorton?  I do.).  

There is something wonderful about having a fun (and mostly clean) series to look forward to watch each week.  Downton is the only series I follow (well in addition to "The Middle").   It is nice to be able to say that since I am very happy with my decision to get away from the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and New Jersey".   Ya that wasn't a smart series addiction....and I have been real housewives free for over a month.  Thank goodness! 

I love Masterpiece Theater for giving us a wonderful alternative to the yuck and smuck that is called TV.   While there is a "unmentionable" moment ....overall it beats anything else on tv.

This Sunday is the last episode of Downton Abbey until next year. 
How will I survive???
Lets hope Netflix adds season 2 so I can re watch until my heart is content.

Downton, Downton, Downton.....I will miss you!!

2 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Everyone has been talking about it and I haven't seen it yet! It looks good!

Erin said...

I have watched season 1 and loved it!