Thursday, January 17, 2013

-40 by 40: Week 2

It has been since late August of last year that I really worked out.   On August 31st I had a ruptured ovarian cyst and due to the pain and healing time I was down a while.  This is when my great habits, I had built up for 8 months, went down the tubes.   But I am happy to report I am finally back "in the saddle again".    It feels great to workout and move this aging body.  

I am happy to report I am down 3 pounds.   It isn't 5 but I feel pretty great about 3 since I couldn't even start exercising until this past Monday due to recovering from the flu.  

I have started  with just some small things since I haven't felt well.   I exercise in the evenings to help encourage my daughters to do the same and I make sure to stop eating after 7pm and I have been drinking more water.   I will keep moving forward this next week and plan to continue to make better food choices.

I did pick a shirt that doesn't fit very well to be my "short term" motivation item.   It is a really pretty shirt that someone gave me and I can't wait to wear it!

How did your week go??

To help support one another I have created a Facebook group page. 
If you would like to join go to:  Another Small Adventure: -40lbs by my 40th.
I can't wait to hear how your week went!

No comments: