Friday, June 12, 2015

Life is happening all the time.


I guess my goals for my blog were a little lofty.  I was ready to write, ready to share and ready to jot down memories we were making here in our little home.   But life happened.   And then it happened again, and again until I realized....this IS life!

To give you a basic run down this is how life has gone from Feb. 5th until today.

Spencer has surgery on his burn scar, less than a week later I get a bad virus, a week later Spencer (who is still healing and we are taking many trips to the burn center) gets sick.  We go to the ER due to major asthma attack brought on by the virus.   He starts to get better then is hit with a new virus the next week.  We are back to the ER where I finally say "hey we need a nebulizer at home people!" (Ok so I didn't say it like that but honestly wanted to.) Spencer improves just to in time to get a brand new virus the next week (yes, if you are counting that is 3 weeks in a row of different viruses).  This one gives him very high fevers, massive headache and a week full of yuck.   Thankfully this virus didn't trigger the asthma.   But wait....it doesn't end there.   During a moment of feeling better, or so I thought, Spencer's Orthopedic doctor had him cast on both legs to help stretch out his tendons in the back of his legs to help him be able to walk on his whole foot/feet.  So here is this little 5 year old with only one truly working limb.

 We are still making trips to the burn center as we go through the long process of helping prevent new scar tissue where they did the cutting for the zplasty. He wears a pressure glove on his hand.  He also now wears leg braces and has to go back to get his legs rechecked soon.  Last time I counted, on top of the surgery and 2 ER visits we had over 20 office visits just for Spencer since Feb 5th.   It is well over 20 by now.  

But wait....Camden is now in his 2nd round of influenza virus.

This round is a little easier than the first.
And now we come to me.  
Apparently the weeks and weeks of helping my youngest took it's toll on my body.  I ended up in an ambulance/ER with heart palpitations.   All is well....my body just can't tolerate stress so it likes to kick out many many PVCs.   They are common with most people but mine appear to be stronger and they cause symptoms like dizziness and shortness of breath so after following up with a cardiologist we have a plan of action with medication and life style changes.   I am suppose to simplify my life and let some things go.   My only problem is some of those things I can't let go of permanently.
 So I am not sure what I am to do when I have to pick a few things up again.
I am a little nervous.
Any Advice?

No comments: