Thursday, August 14, 2008

"One Miracle at a Time" FSA Worldwide Conference 2008

(August 8-9, 2008)
What a fantastic weekend!!! Once again the FSA conference was a hit and as usual it was better than the year before. Brad and I presented on Friday morning at 9:00am. This was our 4th year in a row presenting at the conference and I must say it was really nice to be able to present in the morning and have it over with. Once again we presented on "Finding". It felt like it went well and we hope the couples that attended will find the information useful!

This year Sister Thompson, the 2nd counselor in the General Relief Society Presidency was our key note speaker. We brought Baby A. with us to the conference and she started to get fussy so I only got to hear about 1/2 of her talk. She has a fun sense of humor and I really enjoyed that! This year the Keynote address was broadcast via satellite to other locations for regional conferences that were happening at the same time. There were 1,000 people registered overall. We even had a regional conference happening in Canada. FSA has grown so much and come so far. I remember learning about FSA in our education classes as we were trying to adopt the first time. The Lord's had has truly been guiding FSA and I hope things will continue to move forward and strengthen!

Here are a few pictures from the event. I have many more but I can't post them because Baby A. is in them. I wish I could share them with you....Baby A. was the "little celebrity". Everyone had to come and say hi and many asked to hold her. Special Thanks to Peggy and her hubby and Sister Gwilliam for being our special babysitters. We love all the support you gave to us!!!

We had a few "interesting" things happen while at the conference. A couple of interesting personalities and we even got to witness "cops" live! Ask me next time you see me and I will share these funny stories!




This is Phil and Valerie in this picture with us. They are our FSA Chairs and they are awesome! They are hoping to adopt so if you know of someone please refer them to: http://www.providentliving.org/ses/birthmother/viewsingleprofile/0,12272,2133-1-3561,00.html

We can't wait to get started on 2009 Conference!!!
Got any great ideas for Themes or classes? :)

3 comments:

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

We were sad that we weren't able to drive up and attend. We enjoy all of our FSA meetings and can't wait until they start again. I am glad things were a success, and I am sure you and Brad did an awesome job presenting.

Angie said...

What a neat conference. We miss you guys. Who is this baby A are you fostering a baby??? Call me lets catch up.

Angie

Shanna said...

Cute photos!! ;)

How about "Letting Love Lead the Way"
for the 2009 conference theme?