Friday, November 13, 2009

2nd year Christmas Tradition

click on picture to go to utahfostercare.org for information.

Last year we started a new Christmas Tradition in honor of Ashanti.
This year we have another baby to honor...little Chevey. He went back to his parents this past may....recently they all moved back to Florida so chances are we won't get the opportunity to see him again.

In honor of Ashanti & Chevey we will helping foster children have a Merry Christmas. We hope you will join us and participate in one (or all) of the following.

The Adoption Exchange Sub for Santa
Click above for information and then call
801-265-0444 to help.
They are trying to provide Christmas for 300 children!

Angel/Giving Trees
Watching for these trees..I am not sure where they will be located or when they will be out to choose from so keep you eyes and ears open. As soon as I have more information I will post it and tweet about it.

My friend Heidi serves on the board for "Friends of Foster Care". This board was designed to help get businesses and individuals involved in helping support Foster Children. Right now they are in need of help to provide Christmas to the 200+ children that have come into foster care since Oct. 27th. The 27th was the giving/angel tree deadline so they need help providing Christmas for the children who have come into care (and will come into care) after that date.
You can help this endeavor by getting business involved or by helping yourself. For more information on how to do this please email me at cutefamilyof5 at gmail dot com and I will forward your email on to Heidi.

Holiday time is stressful and many children end up needing care during this time. Imagine spending the Holidays with people you do not know. This time can be difficult for these children. I know times are tight...I feel it here at my house too. Even one gift makes a difference!

I hope you will join my family in this Christmas Tradition!!!

No comments: