Friday, June 11, 2010

BYU Womens Conference 2010 Notes from Elder Oakes Talk


At the close of the 2 day Womens Conference Elder and Sister Oakes spoke.  Sister Oakes is quite a character.  I hadn't had the opportunity to hear her speak and I was delighted by her personality.   Most of my notes from Elder and Sister Oakes talks don't make much sense unless you hear the whole talk but I did want to share a few favorite quotes.

Sister Oakes
"A lifetime of righteous choices will bless you in times of need."

Elder Oakes
"Faith is the opposite of Fear.  Our Faith causes us to trust in its author."
"Mothers have invisible work for their children...it is a cure for selfishness"
"Children can more accurately see/understand the needs of others if they have been actively serving family or others."
My favorite... 
"It's amazing what you can get done when you don't worry about who gets the credit."
***************************************
I posted about Sister Beck's talk here.  
But you can now hear it yourself by going here.

If you are wondering who I am talking about you can go here to learn about Elder Oakes.
Go here to learn about Sister Beck.

No comments: