Monday, August 9, 2010

Matching Mondays


This past Wednesday I attended a regular Advisory Board meeting for the Utah Adoption Exchange.  I learned a new number....one that made me sick to my stomach.   This number use to be a 6 or 16....but right now this number is higher than ever.   It is 45......forty five children who need a family!   This reprensents only the number of children Utah Adoption Exchange has listed.....this isn't the actual number of children in Utah who need a permnament family....only the ones who's caseworkers have made the effort to work with the Utah Adoption Exchange.    Sadly....this is happening in every state...the numbers aren't pretty.  


For those who live in Utah...have you noticed the increase in child abuse cases on the news this summer?   I have been in foster care for 3 years now and I am still amazed at what I am seeing and hearing on the news.  What is happening to families?   Makes me so sad!
If you have been thinking about adopting a waiting child or becoming a foster parent...you are needed!!!

Utah
Chloe age 12.

Oregon has many children on their website.....seems like new ones all the time.  Take a peek.

No comments: