Sunday, October 24, 2010

Family Updates



Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. 
~Author Unknown
It seems that as my children get older our lives get busier.   Sometimes I feel like we all take turns being the nutty one among the sweet.
I will admit....I am probably almost always a little nuts.

Things have been so busy around here that I haven't been on top of laundry, house chores and my blog.  I have to keep telling myself that it is ok if I don't get everything done as I plan...life happens!  I am trying to focus on making life count instead of counting what needs to be done in my life.

Things are going really well with our family.  While things are busy we are happy.
Brad enjoys his job and continues to bless our family by his hard work and dedication to the things that matter most.  
Brenley and Haley are doing really well in school....actually exceptionally well.  At our current Parent Teacher conferences we were surprised to learn how many words Haley could read per minute.  Her average for her class is around 30...Haley is well over 100.  Brenley is also advanced on her reading and goes through books like crazy.   She went through all of Percy Jackson books in a month along with a few other books on the side.  She has decided to read the Harry Potter books for the 2nd time.
(Like Mother like Daughter).
Camden has started doing an online preschool.  It is a pilot program that has an incredible track record so we feel so blessed that he is part of it for this year.
He is excited to be learning his letters.
Spencer is walking and saying some words.  He is such a happy baby...we continually feel so blessed to have him in our family!
I am busy being Mom!   I am wondering how I ever had time to be as involved in FSA as we did for so long.  Between my house, children, marriage, volunteering in my kids classrooms, my church callings and volunteer work in adoption....I have a full plate but I am happy!  I feel so grateful to be here with my family!
I wish I had pictures to share along with this update but I just haven't picked up the camera as often.
  I am going to be better about this...they are all growing so fast.
So this is where we are in a nutshell!

No comments: