Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Creating Life - "Daughter of a King" Dinner


My cute Princesses.
We held our "recognition dinner" for the Activity Day girls and their parents this past Saturday.
I think it went well and the girls appeared to have a good time.
I really enjoyed putting it together and want to give a big THANK YOU to Erin (and Erin's hubby - your awesome!) and Rachel for all their help!!!!!
They are the wonderful friends I serve with and we have alot of fun!
I also wanted to tell my hubs, Brad, how much I would be lost without him!  He helped me the entire day and filled in the cracks that I couldn't get to or didn't think of! 
I really did marry Prince Charming and Mr. Darcy rolled into one!

"Daughter of a King"

The Invites
by Erin Freeman

sorry for the shadow and the glare

The Meal

Tossed Salad with Ranch Dressing
Spaghetti
Garlic Bread
Brownies
Cheese Cake
Water with Lemons

The Special Speaker

Our Fabulous Bishop Hibbert
(not sure why I didn't think to take a picture of him speaking but I didn't - bummer)

Recognition Table Name Cards
by Erin Freeman


Dinner Table Decorations
  • Two colors curling ribbon
  • Princess crowns (found on HaloHeaven.com)
  • Quote - D&C 25:15
  • Two table cloths - 1 pastel solid color & 1 lacy (we used plastic)
    Thanks Mom for lending us your table cloths!

Special Handout
"The Keys to the Crystal Palace" - List of "My Gospel Standards" found on back of the Faith in God booklet.
If you would like the pdf for the "keys" please go here.
We also sent a crown home with each girl.

What I could have done better.
(probably lots of things but here are two)
  • Planned for background music....something soft with no words during dinner.
    ( Brad jumped in and saved me on this but if I would have been on top of it we could have had more fitting tunes)
  • Created a slide show of pictures of the girls put to "Daughter of a King".
    (I wanted to do this but didn't have enough pictures of the girls and didn't think soon enough to gather some from parents.  It is on my to do list for later this year.)
I forgot to take a picture of everything before the dinner but here is a picture after.

We enjoyed a fun clean up party with fun music. 
Some of us even did the Macaraea.
That would have been a funny picture to post.  :)
Too bad I didn't think of it.

No comments: